Know about this scheme :-
|Related Scheme||Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries(SFURTI).|
|Description||The objectives of the scheme is to organize the traditional industries and artisans into clusters to make them competitive and provide support for their long term sustainability, sustained employment, to enhance marketability of products of such clusters,to equip traditional artisans of the associated clusters with the improved skills, to make provision for common facilities and improved tools and equipments for artisans,to strengthen the cluster governance systems with the active participation of the stakeholders, and to build up innovated and traditional skills, improved technologies, advanced processes, market intelligence and new models of public-private partnerships, so as to gradually replicate similar models of cluster-based regenerated traditional industries|
|Nature of assistance||The financial assistance provided for any specific project shall be subject to a maximum of Rs 8 (eight) crore to support Soft, Hard and Thematic interventions.|
|Who can apply?||Non-Government organizations (NGOs), institutions of the Central and State Governments and semi-Government institutions, field functionaries of State and Central Govt., Panchayati Raj institutions (PRIs), Private sector by forming cluster specific SPVs, Corporates and corporate Responsibillity (CSR) foundations with expertise to undertake cluster development|
|Download Scheme Guidelines|
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR :-
• The Revamped SFURTI scheme was started on 1st August 2014 with an outlay of Rs. 149.44 crore for developing 71 clusters (including coir) with coverage of 44500 artisans (approx.) in the first phase. The guidelines were further revised on 30th June 2015 to streamline the approval process, fund flow and to remove the bottlenecks.
• The Nodal Agencies include KVIC, Coir Board, IIE Guwahati, NIMSME Hyderabad, NIESBUD Noida, all MSME DIs and all DICs of State Government.
• 71 clusters have been given in-principle approval by Scheme Steering Committee (SSC) and 32 DPRs have been given Final approval with assistance of Rs.65.87 cr, out of which Rs.30.30 crore has been released. As of now, 30438 artisans have been benefitted.
• Future target for setting up of 800 clusters of Khadi, Village Industries and Coir with an outlay of Rs. 850.00 crore to cover around 4 lakh artisans. Assistance from Multilateral Development Bank like ADB is being explored to carry out the mandate.
|Name of Nodal Agency||DSR approved||DPR approved||Project cost approved||Financial Assistance approved||Funds released as on 29.2.2016||No.of Artisans benefited|
*Project cost and sanctions against DSRs of NIMSME and IIE.
**Cost of consultant inclusive.
• Duration of the Revamped SFURTI is for 3 years and the fund earmarked and target for Mini, Major and Heritage clusters are as follows:
|Particulars||No. of Cluster||Funds per Cluster||Total Fund|
# Additional Rs 14.94 Crore earmarked for Administrative, Thematic & M&E expenses making the total required allocation Rs.149.44 Crore
Flow of Scheme
Last updated date : 14/06/2016