AROUND THE MINISTRY – NEWS
- A delegation led by H.E. Salombek Khabibullaev, Deputy Governor, Andijan Region, Republic of Uzbekistan, called upon CMD, NSIC on 23-08-2018 to discuss possibilities of cooperation in MSME sector. CMD, NSIC apprised them about NSIC’s experience of developing and promoting MSMEs in India and abroad. The delegation was also taken around NSIC’s Rapid Incubation Centre for Entrepreneurship development and Advanced Training Centre. H.E. Dy. Governor of Andijan Region, Republic of Uzbekistan found these centres to be very useful and expressed his desire to establish such centre in Uzbekistan with NSIC’s Cooperation.
- An MOU was signed between Telangana Scheduled Castes Co-Operative Development Corporation Ltd. (TSCCDC), Government of Telangana and National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC) on 30-07-2018 at Secretariat Hyderabad, Government of Telangana. Under this MOU, NTSC Hyderabad proposes to train the un-employed Youth of SC Corporation in 10 different Skill Development training programs and provide placement assistance through Job Fairs.
- NSIC Technical Services Centre, Rajkot organised a Job Mela on 10-08-2018. More than 150 educated youth were interviewed by 17 MSMEs, out of which 62 candidates were preliminary selected for the final round of interview to be conducted later by the respective companies.
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Bhubaneswar has successfully completed design & development of GEHO NRV Assembly for Brahmani River Palletts Ltd, Odisha, which is an import substitute.
- Indo-Danish Tool Room (IDTR), Jamshedpur has participated in the World Indigenous Day held on 9th August 2018 in Jamshedpur organized by Akhil Bharatiya Adivasi Vikash Parishad and also organized Two Kisan Melas at KVH Godda & Project site at Meherma in Godda district.
- CTTC, Kolkata has generated 3D Complex and critical profile Tube bending dies Model from 2D drawing with the help of CAD software and also manufactured Critical Jigs for Defence component machining. The positional and dimensional accuracy of jigs were very close tolerance to achieve the component machining accuracy.
- Central Tool Room (CTR), Ludhiana has machined 7 Pinion Casing for AI20 helicopter of Indian Air Force.
- NIMSME started 11 months “Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Enterprises Development”.
- Two Technology Business Incubators (TBIs) and three Livelihood Business Incubators (LBIs) have been approved in the 9th SSC Meeting held on 1.8.2018 under ASPIRE Scheme, involving an expenditure of Rs.309.81 lakh.
CEO, KVIC was made a presentation on execution of MOU with the ‘Textile Committee’ for governing of ‘Khadi Mark’ protocol and also met with the representatives of Asian Development Bank (ADB) on the implementation of “Mission Solar Charkha” project - sourcing of financial assistance and meeting with the representatives of Amazon.com to discuss the issues related to online promotion of marketing of KVI products through Amazon.com at Mumbai on 9.8.2018.