- Hon'ble Prime Minister of India launched "Support and Outreach Programme" for MSME Sector at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 02.11.2018, and unveiled 12 key initiatives which will help the growth, expansion and facilitation of MSMEs across the Country. Shri Giriraj Singh, Hon'ble Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of MSME, Secretary (MSME), Chairman and CEO of KVIC was also attended the programme. As per the 12 key announcements made by Hon’ble Prime Minister in the “MSME Support and Outreach Programme”, following policy decisions have been made by Ministry of MSME..
- Shri Giriraj Singh, Hon’ble Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of MSME inaugurated the MSME pavilion at the 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) on 15th November, 2018 at New Delhi. A wide range of products which included engineering goods, food, handicrafts, leather, textiles and hosiery, electrical and electronic appliances, auto components, readymade garments, gems & jewellery, cosmetics and herbal products were displayed in the MSME Expo, 2018. Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises was awarded the Silver Medal for excellence at display in the 38th India International Trade Fair 2018.
- NSIC and Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd have signed the MOU agreement on 30.10.2018 to provide credit facilitation for sustainable development of MSMEs. The MOU aims at facilitating credit to MSMEs in terms of their Loan requirements and encourages them for meeting emerging global challenges.
- Shri Giriraj Singh, Hon'ble Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of MSME visited Mahatma Gandhi Institute for Rural Industrialization (MGIRI) on 25.11.2018 and interacted with scientists about the technology developed in the institute.
- Chairman, KVIC attended the 150th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Mahatma Gandhi organized by FICCI and Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development (ABCCIRD) on19.11.2018, wherein Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, Hon'ble Vice President was the Chief Guest, who presented a cheque of Rs. 32.00 lakh to the Chairman, KVIC on behalf of ABCCIRD.