Read More Section of Around the Ministry
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC) Bhubneswar has started training for first batch of rural youths (with an approved target of training 1050 rural youths) in collaboration with Odisha Rural Development and Marketing Society under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana.
- Process and Product Development Centre (PPDC) Agra has organized ‘Udyam Samaagam’ at Agra, Mathura and Coimbatore in which 350 vendors have been benefitted.
- Fragrance and Flavour Development Centre (FFDC), Kannauj has organized training for the officers of Director of Industries and Horticulture Department, Govt. of Tamil Nadu in cultivation, distillation and marketing of essential oils for development of Aroma Industry in Tamil Nadu.
- NSIC also organized Conclaves under National SC/ST Hub at Mumbai, Karnal and Ahmedabad. SC/ST Entrepreneurs and aspiring youth participated in the aforesaid conclaves organized with the theme of “Coalescing efforts to build better ecosystem for ST/ST owned MSE’s aimed at augmenting their Competencies”. CPSUs and Banks of the region were invited to deliberate on the various schemes of Govt. of India and National SC/ST Hub and the schemes were explained in detail to the participants.
- NSIC also facilitated participation of 395 MSMEs in 14 domestic exhibitions during the month of March, 2019 under the Procurement and Marketing Support Scheme / Special Marketing Assistance Scheme.
- KVIC provided 100% employment to all 120 Potter families in Jakhopur village, Gurugram District and also distributed Electric Potter Wheels to 300 Potters of Gurugram, Nooh and Jhajjar districts on 28.2.2019.
- Chairman, KVIC distributed Bee Boxes to the beekeepers at CBTRI Pune under Honey Mission activities on 27.2.2019; signed MoU with Textile Committee to execute Khadi Mark protocol in Khadi sector at the National Khadi Mark Workshop and Business Conclave held on 1.3.2019 at Bangalore.
- National Khadi Business Conclave was organized at Kolkata on 8.3.2019. A five-day training programme on “Techniques of Communicating Ethical values designed for KVIC was held in two batches from 25.02.2019 to 01.03.2019 and from 11.03.2019 to 15.03.2019 at NIMSME, Hyderabad in which 56 KVIC officials participated.
- During the month, Coir Board implemented the following skill development activities: Training-Value Added Products (393 trainees), Training-Mahila Coir Yojana (554 trainees), 1 Workshop, 7 Awareness Progorammes, 3 Entrepreneurship Development Programme and 1 Exposure Tour.