AROUND THE MINISTRY – NEWS
Prime Minister Distributes TooLs to Artisans at Varanasi:
- Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India distributed Electric Potter Wheels, Pottery Equipments, Tools, Honey Bee Boxes, Charkhas and Looms to artisans at Varanasi on 18 September, 2018 for the promotion of KVI activities. The event was also graced by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. Chairman and CEO, KVIC participated in the function.
Mou Signing Between NSIC and Morocco About Bilateral Cooperation:
- A 2-member delegation led by Joint Secretary (SME), Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) undertook a visit to Morocco from 24-26 September, 2018 for the signing of MoU between NSIC, Republic of India and the National Agency for the Promotion of Small & Medium Sized Enterprises of Kingdom of Morocco. They also discussed the ways and means to synergize the strengths of both countries in MSME Sector in terms of capacity building, sharing of experiences and exchange of business delegations for creating linkages.
Defence & Homeland Security Expo & Conference 2018:
- Defence & Homeland Security Expo and Conference 2018 was held at NSIC grounds from 06- 08 Sep 2018. Shri Rajnath Singh, Hon’ble Minister for Home Affairs inaugurated the event & it was addressed by Dr. Jitendra Singh, Hon’ble MoS (I/c) in the PMO & DONER and Shri Giriraj Singh, Hon’ble MoS for MSME. JS (SME), senior officials of M/o Defence, Home & MSME; Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board; Deputy Chief of Army, Navy & Air Force were also present in the event wherein NSIC facilitated the participation of 20 MSMEs.
Inauguration of International Executive Development Programmes:
- Two international programmes namely “Capacity Building for Providing Alternative Livelihood Opportunities for Poor” (CBALO) and Empowerment of Women through Enterprises(EWE) of 8 weeks duration from 05 Sep-26 at Ni-MSME auditorium under the second phase of the International Executive Development Programm. The director, Ni-MSME, Dr Sanjeev Chaturvedi welcomed the CBALO and EWE participants for the course and highlighted the importance of this course in the developing economies.
Launch of e-portal to fast-track MSME loans in 59 mins:
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley launched an online portal to fast-track loan sanction process for MSMEs on Sept 26, 2018 keeping up with the govt promise of approving funding upto Rs 1 crore in 59 minutes without entrepreneurs having to visit bank branches. Businesses need to submit GST and income tax details, along with bank statement, to be eligible for speedier loan sanctions. The portal has been set up by Sidbi along with SBI, PNB, Bank of Baroda, Indian Bank and Vijaya Bank along with other banks being expected to join in near future. Announcements for two new initiatives have also been made including ranking states on financial inclusion and a mobile app to help consumers locate the closest bank branches and ATMs.